Sunday, August 18, 2013

Stroller racing and a marathon comeback

The gorgeous August weather continues and I've been feeling full of energy for running.  Thursday night was my turn to push the stroller in a local 5k and was fun to see how fast I could run with a stroller after all these months of training with the stroller.  I was pretty happy to run 21:39 (7:00 pace) but the highlight of the evening was my husband, our daughter and I all getting to dance together to some fun songs at the post race party before heading home for bed time.
Last weekend I felt so good on my 12 mile run with my friend training for NYC marathon that I began considering training for a full again.  I've been using training time and the possibility of having more kids as a barrier to doing a full, but I'm feeling better than ever and really enjoying long runs, plus a challenge and goal especially once I head back to work could be good for me, so after a 15 miler at 8:30 pace yesterday I registered for an October marathon.  I'm a little scared but that's just what I need!

No comments:

Post a Comment